Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Deux Hamburgers, Deux Petits Frites, Deux Petites Bieres..

That is correct, Genevieve and I went to McDonald’s!  It was more of an experience than anything else, and it was definitely her idea!


On Monday afternoon I had plans to meet up with a friend to unlock our cell phones, respectively from America and Scotland.  Before we engaged in some shady business over the river, we decided to stop in an Orange store and inquire as to how much it would cost for a new phone, SIM card, etc…  It turns out our pit-stop was a brilliant idea because not only did Catherine’s Scottish phone work with a French SIM card but I learned of a great phone deal that was ending on Wednesday (today)!  I found out all the information and went home to explain the logistics of it to Genevieve.  It turns out I needed a bank account, with a bank card, and a slip of paper that proved I belonged to a French bank (which, even if I opened an account it would take two weeks to process).  Genevieve being the awesome woman that she is came with me Tuesday morning and helped me get a phone (with the deal).  LONG story short I have a phone!  Anyway, that little anecdote was to introduce the rest of my afternoon spent with Genevieve.  After we successfully got the phone, we walked out of the store, she grabbed my arm and goes, ‘Let’s have a chic lunch at McDonald’s!’  How could I say no to that!  I said, “Let’s go, I’m paying!”  I didn’t think I was really going to break the bank treating for this type of meal.  We went right up to the counter and ordered two hamburgers and two small fries, the woman asked if we wanted anything to drink and Genevieve turns to me and goes, beer?  …and two small beers.  We took our tray outside and sat at one of their many tables on the sidewalk. 




After lunch we walked back to the garage where we had parked the car.  We chose to walk up a different street than Rue De La Republique and stopped at a very nice clothing store that, Genevieve explained to me, was for women of her age.  It was very trendy shop where the women inside were very nice.  Right at the entrance there were coffee cups set up, a plate of cookies, and a chilled bottle of champagne.  Apparently there was some sort of promotion.  I’m not sure if it was the clothing or the coffee that caught Genevieve’s eye but we went inside and I enjoyed a nice glass of champagne and she sipped on an espresso as we browsed the store.  We each grabbed a cookie, and were then on our way, no, we didn’t buy anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment