Friday, October 16, 2009

Trivia At The Wallace


It seems I have chosen a place in the world that appreciates the same night time activities as I do!  I have found trivia!  However, here, its refered to as ‘Pub Quiz’ or ‘Quizz.’  It first came to my attention when my friend Kirsten came back from church with a whole group of friends who frequent a Scottish pub in the old city every Thursday to play together.  It is a bar called The Wallace (and my friend Kirsten happens to be Scottish so she was quite happy to have discovered it).  The first time we went it was just for a drink and some dinner, the second time we realized how the game was played and joined a team properly called, “Whale of Fortune” some sort of inside joke that I have not yet become a part of.  It is a three part pub quiz.  The first part is photo identification, second is a series of announced questions (about 15, I think) that are asked in english AND in french…how cool is that!  And the third part is song identification.  We were playing against 31 teams and we got second place!  We didn’t win anything but it was pretty cool to have done so well our first time playing!
As for other pub quizzes there is also one every Monday at The Cavern which I do believe is owned by the same person as The Wallace, and then on Tuesdays there is a pub quiz at The Sleeping Dog (all of these are both in French and in English).  I don’t know many of the questions but it’s a good crowd and a lot of fun…that’s what a team is for right?

No comments:

Post a Comment